Monkey Forest Ubud
Mandala Suci Wenara Wana, or well known as Ubud Monkey Forest, is the sanctuary and natural habitat of the Balinese long-tailed Monkey. About 1049 monkeys live in this sanctuary. The sanctuary also has 186 species of plants and trees in 12,5 hectares of forest. There are 3 temples inside Monkey Forest Ubud, namely Dalem Agung Padangtegal Temple, Holy Spring Temple and Prajapati Temple.
Goa Gajah, also known as the “Elephant Cave”, located east of Peliatan, close to Ubud, in the center of the island of Bali. The cave Goa Gajah dates back to the 11th century and was discovered in 1922. The entrance to the cave is a relief of dangerous creatures and demons with wide open, threatening mouth. They thought it suggested an elephants mouth. Hence the name Elephant Cave.
The Tegalalang rice terraces alone offer a scenic outlook that spreads down before you and away to the far side of the valley. From the top of the road, you get stunning panoramic views of the terraces, which is an irrigation system called Subak dating back to the 8th century. Painters and nature lovers also enjoy visiting this spot, and there are numerous art kiosks and cafés near the ledge.
Taman Saraswati Temple
Pura Taman Saraswati is one of the most popular landmarks of Ubud. The most notable feature of the pura is its lotus pond and water garden, marking the outer area of the actual temple. Plumeria (frangipani) trees decorate the edges of the pond, while the straight bridge-like access is decorated with paras (volcanic tuff) sculptures of Hindu mythological figures.
Ubud Market is a double storey warren of stalls bursting at the seams with wood carvings, batik shirts, sarongs, and all manner of other souvenirs aimed specifically at tourists.
Campuhan Ridge Walk
The Campuhan Ridge Walk is arguably the best known Ubud trek and with good reason. The sparse crowds and the aesthetically rich vistas remind one of why people from around the world come to Bali. The trail starts at the historical origin of Ubud, the confluence (or Campuhan) of the Wos Rivers.